Our Art and Design curriculum ensures that children are artists. They will have:
- The ability to use visual language skilfully and convincingly (for example, line, shape, pattern, colour, texture, form) to express emotions, interpret observations, convey insights and accentuate their individuality.
- The ability to communicate fluently in visual and tactile form.
- The ability to draw confidently and adventurously from observation, memory and imagination.
- The ability to explore and invent marks, develop and deconstruct ideas and communicate perceptively and powerfully through purposeful drawing in 2D, 3D or digital media.
- An impressive knowledge and understanding of other artists, craft makers and designers.
- The ability to think and act like creative practitioners by using their knowledge and understanding to inform, inspire and interpret ideas, observations and feelings.
- Independence, initiative and originality which they can use to develop their creativity.
- The ability to select and use materials, processes and techniques skilfully and inventively to realise intentions and capitalise on the unexpected.
- The ability to reflect on, analyse and critically evaluate their own work and that of others.
- A passion for and a commitment to the subject