After consultation with pupils, parents, staff and trustees, we have produced the following shared vision for our academy.
Our Core Purpose: Empower Potential
Our Key Aims:
- Enable children to be the best they can be
- Build curiosity, resilience and passion
- Constantly strive for quality
- To be recognised as a centre of excellence: a continuously improving, outward facing, ambitious and forward thinking provider of world class education for children.
At Ling Moor we share a common belief that we are part of ‘The Ling Moor Family’ - a thriving place of learning where children are supported and challenged to be the best that they can. We cherish the opportunity to empower children to be academically, physically and creatively successful and support them to develop a positive and happy mind-set for life.
We believe that learning should be serious fun – something that you enjoy whilst setting yourself the highest of expectations. At the heart of our curriculum is the notion that we provide a learning environment that empowers children to be ‘Ling Moor Learners’ and members of the ‘Ling Moor Family’ – children who are great people who have a passion for learning and a passion for the success of their community.
We aim for high standards in speaking, listening, reading, writing, mathematics and ICT to ensure that our pupils are equipped with the vital skills necessary to succeed in life. We aim to give our children rich experiences that answer their curiosity and develop their wisdom. In addition, our 'Values' curriculum provides opportunities to help children develop their morality and spirituality through focussed activities, assembly times and special events and visitors.
The curriculum at Ling Moor Primary Academy is aligned to the vision of the Priory Federation of Academies and driven by our passion to empower potential, in order to improve the life chances of pupils so they become citizens of the world.
It is designed to encourage the development of the Priory’s values: wisdom, curiosity, generosity, courage and passion alongside meeting the specific needs of our community.
There are four clear strands to our curriculum:
- Children develop the skills to be a life-long learner enabling them to be successful in the next stages of their education and the confidence to become citizens of the world – A Ling Moor Learner.
- Children understand what it means to contribute to the success of a community – The Ling Moor Family. Their participation in community empowers them with British values and is rooted in Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural responsibility.
- Children develop a skills and knowledge base fitting of a broad and balanced curriculum. This empowers them with the knowledge and skills to develop their curiosity and wisdom.
- Children develop a core English and Mathematical set of skills resulting in a depth and security of mathematical and linguistic concepts.